When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again ..
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H.I.T.S. Camera

2 posters

Go down

H.I.T.S. Camera  Empty H.I.T.S. Camera

Post  CoB4thTEXAS Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:48 am

To All,

Please try this setting for the camera hight, in C:\NorbSoftDev\Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Work\SOWG.ini (configeration settings) under Custom heading, change 10 to 2 in both plyrradius and MPplyrradius.

[Custom],,,,,,,
ailvl=0
moralelvl=0
regstrength=100
plyrradius=2
courierlvl=4
minimap=4
MPplyrradius=2
MPcourierlvl=4
MPminimap=4

Try a single player game, let me know what you think.

i think its the ony way to play this great game, and is whats sets it apart from other Civil War titles.
CoB4thTEXAS
CoB4thTEXAS
Private

Back to top Go down

H.I.T.S. Camera  Empty Re: H.I.T.S. Camera

Post  Digby Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Unfortunately I struggle to even play the game in the saddle. I find a minimum radius of 50 is needed in order to be able to see the terrain to click on it to send your units there. There are differences between reality and the limitations of commanding troops in this game and you need a good deal of vertical height in order to be able to command your forces due to the interface of the game.

Digby
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  CoB4thTEXAS Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi Digby,

You can order your units anywhere on the map just by using the “move to map point” command. A camera height of 50 means that your about 150 ft. tall, and seems un -realistic. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do you will find your game will become a lot more like what the commanders of the time had to face.

On the march, you use the move to map point command anyways, and when close to enemy find a high spot to move the units from then on, and in fact i'll say that i'v gotten pretty good at forming up my brigade in double line just by using the map point command, as about 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) equals about 100 yards on the mini map.

Just try a few sp games with camera height at 2 and and you will feel a deference, to be sure.

*S*
CoB4thTEXAS
CoB4thTEXAS
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum