When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again ..
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums!

Go down

Welcome to the Forums! Empty Welcome to the Forums!

Post  Admin Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:23 pm

This is the forum for the Gettysburg Group and its members. The Group started as a number of players of the great-grandfather of wargaming, Kriegsspiel who discovered the computer game program called, Scourge of War: Gettysburg (SOW:Gettysburg). Kriegsspiel, in the form most of us are playing, is published by a company named Too Fat Lardiesand those who are interested in Kriegsspiel are invited to find that company and check it out. Gettysburg is a wonderful computer game and we're trying to organize folks interested in playing campaigns using that program.

Newcomers and members alike are asked to use this category to post a bit about yourselves after you've registered. Please register if you want to play. You will need the SOW:Gettysburg game program fully updated at a minimum, so go to the SOW:Gettysburg website and check that out. Norbsoft is the developer and producer of the program and we cannot thank them enough for their fine and continuing work on the game. New content comes out with wonderful regularity and their forums are a treasure of useful information, including how to mod Gettysburg.

None of us own any of the copyrights to these games and rules mentioned above and unless the poster says so, to none of any of the games that might be mentioned in these forums. No contest to the copyrights of these fine games or programs is intended and this is certainly not a commercial site. We're just gamers, having fun gaming! Welcome! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://sowgb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Forums! Empty Re: Welcome to the Forums!

Post  Admin Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:02 pm

What are we aiming for here? Well, using the SOW program to give us as nearly as possible - and consistant with having fun in the battles; right? - a similar experience to that of the commanders in the real ACW. The program provides plenty of 'friction of war' and 'fog of war' factors built-in and you have to admire the Norbsoft team for an excellent job on those. A lot of players don't like that so much and that's swell. Sometimes, I don't like them either and I expect that I'll tired of them from time to time and want something simpler. So that is my aim here: to promote a style of modding, option selection and play that gives the players as close to the real thing as the SOW program will give us. If you'd like to play some of that type of game and/or would like to help figuring out how to do it, this is the place! Your ideas, thoughts and comments are welcome. Please register in the forums and help us reach the goal of fun!!

Admin
Admin

https://sowgb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum